Since 2000, Ketan Soni has represented clients in divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, child custody, child support, domestic violence, and appeals in Charlotte, Raleigh, and the surrounding areas.
Since 2000, Ketan Soni has represented clients in divorce, equitable distribution, alimony, child custody, child support, domestic violence, and appeals in Charlotte, Raleigh, and the surrounding areas. Ketan practices divorce law to achieve the best possible result with a “big picture” view of each case. After managing one of the largest divorce law firms in North Carolina and then joining a full-service law firm, Ketan decided to start Soni Brendle, PLLC, to bring the same high level of quality and care to clients in a focused way. Ketan is also a North Carolina DRC Certified Family Financial and Superior Court Mediator.
In 2011, Ketan saw the damage the court process inflicted on spouses and parents, and so he opened a mediation practice designed to help spouses create their own resolution without having to go to court. Ketan now teaches a 40-hour Mediation Training Course approved by the Dispute Resolution Commission of North Carolina.
Ketan understands that clients undergoing divorce have a wide range of needs and has dedicated time to teaching continuing education to other lawyers and continuing to learn new skills in mediation, collaborative law, communication and active listening. To top it off, Ketan utilizes his keen understanding of the financial issues and assets in divorce to proactively protect his clients. Ketan’s experience across different counties in North Carolina allows his clients to feel secure that they are receiving solid legal advice coupled with practical experience in the courtroom.
Ketan has taught free seminars on divorce for the public and appeared on Charlotte local news programs over the years.
Ketan is married with two children and lives in Charlotte. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, tinkering with the newest technologies and finding time to travel in order to experience other cultures.
As a dedicated and knowledgeable divorce attorney, Ketan developed a “child support calculator” and marketed the calculator in conjunction with the North Carolina Bar Association from 2014 through 2017. Now, Ketan is offering the calculator as a free download to anyone. Lawyers, judges, parents, and mediators can use the software for child support calculations pursuant to the 2015 North Carolina Child Support Guidelines, effective Jan. 1, 2015.
The calculator has been updated when the 2019 Child Support Guidelines are released by the State of North Carolina. Download the calculator here.
- Avvo’s Client’s Choice Badge – 2015-2017, 2020
- SuperLawyers 2018-2020
- Rising Star 2013-2015
- Martindale, AV Rated
- Business Elite Legal 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2022
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Doctor of Law- JD, 1997-2000
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Bachelor of Arts- Philosophy
- Family Lawyer
- Appointed to NC Dispute Resolution Commission from 2019 -2022
- NC DRC Certified Family Financial Mediator
- NC DRC Certified Superior Court Mediator
Ketan has presented at various Continuing Legal Education classes for lawyers and judges, including:
- “NC Conference of District Court Judges: Electronic Evidence”
- War of the Roses in the Digital Age: A Hypothetical Family Law Case
- “When Immigration Law and Family Law Collide”
- “Annual Family Law Section: Social Media as Evidence”
- “Lawline: Social Media as Evidence: Challenges and Considerations
- “Preparing the Negotiation Landscape”
- “Convincing the Court to #Follow your Social Media Evidence”